To be honest, I’ve grown tired of my iPhone 5. It’s been eight months since I had it, but it feels like forever! Maybe because I owned an iPhone 5 prior to this and they are it’s almost exactly identical (save for some physical minor revisions).
Before the purported launch of the official iPhone 6, there’s been a lot of speculation of what its specs and details are going to be and from what I’m reading, it makes me want to dump my iPhone 5s now!
- Screen size will most likely change from iPhone 5s’ 4” to 4.7” and/or 5.5”. According to the rumors, Apple might release two variants of the iPhone 6, both having larger displays measuring 4.7” and 5.5”. Moreover, the material used for the screen might be made of Sapphire glass, the same material used in watches. It’s known to be much more durable than Corning Gorilla Glass.
- The new iPhone might be further slimmed down, from 7.6mm to 7mm. And the body is also expected to inherit the same rounded bottom edges at the back seen in current models of the iPad Air, iPod Touch 5th gen, and all the iPad Minis.
- TouchID sensor will also improve its scanning capability.
- Water Resistant.
- RAM and Processing power will also increase, from 1GB to 2GB of RAM. Processor’s clock speed will be clocked 700mHz more than its predecessor, the iPhone 5s.
All these rumors and speculations will come to an end as soon as Apple launches their new product lines sometime in September or October this year.
Things I want to see in the new iPhone 6:
- More durability of their lightning cables. I’m sure a lot of people who use lightning cables have had their cables stop working after a short period of time, forcing them to buy a new one, which can be expensive.
- Better battery life.
- Better rear mounted camera. An 8-megapixel image is somewhat meager for other purposes other than posting to social networking sites.
- Faster focusing time when taking pictures under low or no light conditions (capturing with flash of course).
- Better and louder speaker.
- Thinner bezel.
For now, all we have to do is wait and pray!