Torn about updating your iOS device to the new iOS 8? Well read this article first and decide afterwards!
1. First of all, please be aware that your device must have at least 5.8GB free space available if you update via OTA. I had to delete many of my photos and videos as a result. However, you may update via iTunes if space is a problem.
2. Updating via iTunes takes longer than OTA and your device will lose all media files synced through iTunes e.g. music and videos.
3. Battery hog! Battery life is much shorter compared to previous OS versions.
4. Keyboard is screwy when typing and deleting. After tapping the delete/letter button, the device still continues to delete or type.
5. Facebook app freezes while scrolling down my newsfeed.
6. Camera Roll and Photo Stream are gone! They lumped all the photos in Collections. It is so confusing now that both appear to be gone. I have read articles that say you have to regularly manage your photos in Photo Stream and save it in your PC or Mac within 30 days and after that your photos will be gone. Now I actually don’t know how to determine whether a photo is saved in my device or in iCloud. I still have to use my computer just to see photos in Photo Stream. This is so disgusting!
7. Waking my phone from sleep mode is a chore. Sometimes I’d have to press the home and sleep buttons simultaneously before I see the lockscreen.
8. Glancing through the notifications center can be somewhat unresponsive. Before sliding it up you’d have to wait a few seconds for it to work.
These observations are made using an iPhone 5s running on iOS 8. I’ll keep observing my device for other bugs that might come up and will update this post accordingly.